Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Making Monkeys

Summer is gone, and I'm not really missing it.  This summer was not one of the best.  It seemed like everything "summer" I tried to do, turned out less than "summery".  My daughter went back to school last Thursday.  This year she is a freshman in high school.  We had a nice summer together, but I am a little bit happy that there is more time for me to focus on giggleFritz and Company, both business-wise and creative-wise.  There is so much to do, and it is difficult to run your business with so many distractions (like the full-time job I still need). 

What have I been doing?  People ask me what I have been up to.  I usually just say, "You know, WORK."  If you look at my sewing area, you would know that cleaning is not something I have been doing.  But, I have been making more sock monkeys.  I sew and crochet a number of different things that I sell in our art/craft fair booth at shows and on the giggleFritz and Co. Web Site: www.gigglefritz.com  I love making sock monkeys the most.   
I don't know what I love more when I have finished making a sock monkey.  Either the cute sock monkey face with his round head and ears (and sometimes hat!), or when we are in our booth and I hear, "Look, Mom! Sock Monkeys!"  : )  
That's what I have been up to, and if I have it my way, that's what I'm going to keep doing!
Happy Monday, All!  -Missie

No comments:

Post a Comment