Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I haven't been working on anything for giggleFritz and Company lately.  I've been so busy with my full time job at the spice company and I have returned to work (part-time, seasonal) at the gift shop/garden center 10 hours a week.  I also play softball one night a week.  I took on the part-time work to save extra money to run giggleFritz as my full-time job one day.  It's very difficult to be creative and productive when you are running from job to job and taking care of your family and so on.  So, to help keep my stress level at a minimum I am working on a personal project that I had started a while back.  I've been crocheting a throw in the evenings (usually while watching the Brewer's game!) and it's been great!  It forces me to sit down and relax and I get to work on something beautiful!

The pattern is called "Blue Ridge Throw", a free pattern by Lion Brand Yarn:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0224AD.html?noImages=

It's a simple pattern using double crochet and half double crochet.  The yarn is from the tweed stripes collection and I love it because the hue of the color you are working with is constantly changing.  I love working on it, but I also can't wait to finish it. I've decided to be selfish and keep this one for myself.  The big girl pants are off!  Let's relax and crochet!
-Missie

No comments:

Post a Comment